Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Who else wants a little extra strength to make it through the day?

Does it seem like at the end of the day you are physically tired and mentally exhausted but some people around you seem to be working harder faster and have more energy to keep going? You think to yourself there is no way this person is really that happy, full of life and energy and I can’t wait to go home and sleep. Well Philippians 1:19 say for I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ.


If we learn how to tap into the supernatural source of power that God has provided for us we can have an inexhaustible supply available to us. As I look up the work “supply” in the Greek- epichoregeo it literally means on behalf of the choir. So what in the world could the Apostil Paul mean here?

Well going back to history thousands of years ago in classical Greece, a huge choir and theatre troupe practiced endlessly for a huge, important theatrical performance. So after they put such great time, effort, energy and practice, it was time to take this show on the road. But there was one major problem-they ran out of money!

So you can imagine these people gave so much of themselves, and their finance to make sure that this was a huge success. But because they ran out of money it meant their dream had ended. But a wealthy man heard about what happened and stepped in and made a large sum of money to them. He must have really believed in their dream. His supply was so massive that it was overflowing and overwhelming.

That is what Paul is telling us here. The Spirit of God has such a supply that is overflowing and overwhelming to us. When you have given your all and you feel like you couldn’t take one more step or just don’t care too that is when Jesus because like a Benefactor to us and gives us amazing strength to recharge and contributes his Spirit of power to us. That is when no matter what opposition we face, no matter what we think we can’t do that Spirit of his love is enough to get us through everything.

I love developing a true relationship with my father. I know that every day that I run to him he puts his loving arms around me and whips me away. I can go through the day with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. I encourage you to give all of yourself over to our father and watch his love and power change your life and the lives of those around you.

I want to encourage you to purchase Sparkling Gems from the Greek by Rick Renner. He opens up the Greek translation of the word of God so that we can better understand how to apply it in our everyday lives. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment